Where are the Jobs?
School is starting Monday and the more I think about it, the more stressed I am because of it. I know I will have to pay an estimate of $70 for a code that I will only use once. School makes students poor. That great amount makes me cringe and looking at my account makes me worry and stress because I do not have a job, and no one seems to be hiring and the ones that are, I do no meet their requirements. I want to cry knowing that I have less money every semester, I am fearful that I may not be able to take another semester of English/Writing class, or a film class for that matter. This economy is not doing any good to anyone. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer. Oh how I wish I could find a way to ease my mind. I am so stressed.
I wish school was not so pricy. With the budget cut to school these days, more and more classes are being cut, which means students are in school a lot longer and their bank account is decreasing. I do not want to have to dip into my savings even though I have under $5000 but still. I need to start finding myself a job that is flexible enough to work into my schooling. I doubt anyone would hire a person like me who has not worked since 2006, and it was a seasonal, on and off job which really means a person who lacks experience because I have not had many jobs. The reason for that was and is because I was a full-time student and trying to work part-time was tough, I was always so tired, had little time to eat and study/do homework. I often found myself zoning in and out in class. I did what I had too, focus on school and being a full-time student. But now that I have decided to go to school part-time, I am having no luck with finding a job because of my large unemployment gap on my resume, and my lack and experience in which I find unfair because I know I am capable of so much. I hope something comes along because I don’t want to have to stress and worry like I always do, and it’s not because I want to spend money on myself, but it’s because I save it for emergencies. When sisters need to borrow money for rent, or other stuff, I am usually the one they ask. I would hate it if they are tight on money and needed to borrow money and I would have to tell them that I simply do not have the amount to spare them. Help!
I also have this fear of being in debt so I spend my money very wisely and only buying things I need. That is another reason why I would not to borrow money from anywhere.
- Every Semester’s Question (leggomyigloo.wordpress.com)
- Back to School 2011 (triadgoodwill.wordpress.com)
- Back to School Craziness! (counselorcorner.wordpress.com)
- Back to School (scrapbooklady.typepad.com)
- What If You Can’t Get the Wrong People Off the Bus? (coopcatalyst.wordpress.com)
- You Know When Life Gets Entirely Out of Control and You Just Laugh Because The Alternative is to Break Down and Cry? (mariatrueblood.wordpress.com)
- Reconstruct My Life (muammarhafiz.wordpress.com)
- Is Your Job Worth the Stress? (moneyning.com)
- Is Your Job Stressful? Tips for Beating Office Stress (huffingtonpost.com)
- College Infographic: When C-Students Suddenly Became A-Students (realthinktank.com)
- “The work never ends, but college does” (fruitsofmyspirit.wordpress.com)
- Older College Students (thebackyardgarden.wordpress.com)
- Do I Need To Go to College? (lewrockwell.com)
- Job-Hunt Tips from Depression-Era Playbook (online.wsj.com)
- 10 Cities Where Americans Can’t Get To Work (huffingtonpost.com)
- Student debt is a good reason to avoid university (guardian.co.uk)